Monday, February 22, 2010

Monday Makeup Madness: Resisting "Twilight"

When I first saw Karla Sugar's swatches of Guerlain Rouge G Le Brilliant a few weeks ago, I immediately fell in love with B63 Bella. However, I was turned off by the fact that it shares a name with the main character in those "Twilight" novels. (To be fair, I was also turned off by the fact that it costs $46. :P The other color I liked? B21 Bianca, which also happens to be the name of my Wii. ...Moving on.) Now, I don't hate Twilight. I don't even know much about it. However, my nature is to avoid things that have that level of popularity, and Twilight is no exception. It got to the point where I was annoyed by random products coming out that happened to have "Twilight" in the name, either as coincidence or to cash in on the craze (i.e. Bath & Body Works' "Twilight Woods"). When I came across ULTA's eyeshadow named "Twilight", I was torn for a second. Then I remembered I had an eyeshadow called Twilight Grey. And then I remembered that one of the lip products I got in that Bobbi Brown 3-pack over the holidays had Twilight in the name. ("Twilight Heather"? I'll go look later.) Then I was over it.

I was planning on ending this with swatches of the products I mentioned, but the weather didn't cooperate. Hopefully it'll be better this weekend.

No comments: